I’m excited to share with you the newest improvements to Rigbooks.
In the last update, a lot of improvements were made to how the app worked behind the scenes, but there wasn’t really much improved for you and how you use Rigbooks.
This time is different!
At first glance, it looks like things changed quite a bit, but I worked hard to keep the changes to a minimum so Rigbooks will continue to be familiar.
The biggest change is that the nagivation has been moved from the top of the page to the left side.
Old navigation location
New navigation location
Moving the navigation gives you 3 major benefits.
- There’s more room to see what’s imporant on each screen, since there isn’t a nav bar taking up part of the top of every screen.
- A lot of the “hidden features” now have links so you can find them easily. For example, “Trailers” now has its own link and “Edit categories” is much easier to find.
- You have a shortcut to add common items from every screen in the app. Now you can add trips, revenue, fuel, expenses, invoices, and IFTA mileage with a single click from anywhere in the app.
And it’s a small enough change that you’ll get used to it really quick.
Filtering trips, expenses, fuels, revenue, and maintenance by category is more powerful
It used to be that you could only filter by one category at a time. Now, categories are included with all filters on each screen. You can also select more than one category at a time.
Here’s a list of the new additions to the Rigbooks app.
Use the search feature to find what you are looking for
There’s no need to scroll through multiple pages of trips or expenses to look for a specific item. Now you can just type in what you are looking for and click “Search Rigbooks” to be taken there right away.
Big improvements on your mobile device
Rigbooks was created to work well from any device, whether a laptop, smart phone, or tablet.
The mobile screens have been improved to look even better and make it easier for you to use on the smaller screen sizes.
That’s all for now!
I am excited for you to benefit from the new updates to Rigbooks. I am looking forward to the next announcement!
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. You can contact me here by phone or email.
Want more? Check out my free course...
As seen in
More resources for trucking business owners:
- What’s the difference between HVUT, Form 2290, and IFTA?
- "How long do I have to keep these?": FMCSA record retention for owner-operators and small fleet owners
- Top tax filing tips for owner-operators
- Tips for owner-operators with tax problems
- How are fuel surcharges calculated?
- Starting out with an owner-operator trucking business
- Owner-operator expenses: Fixed costs vs variable costs
- Understanding owner-operator expenses and costs
- Gaining half an MPG can put more money in your pocket than adding $90,000 in revenue
- Cutting fuel costs and improving fuel efficiency for Owner Operators
- Top truck-buying tips for owner-operators
- New versus used truck pros and cons table
- Buying a truck: Should you get a new or used rig?
- Preventative maintenance strategies to avoid major repair costs
- IFTA fuel-buying strategies: Where is the best place to buy fuel?
- Calculating your cost per mile
- Owner Operator Expenses - Fixed Costs vs Variable Costs
- How do I calculate IFTA
- How does IFTA work?
- How did IFTA start?
- What exactly is IFTA?
- Tracking miles for IFTA
- Fitness for the road
- Acronym cheatsheet for the trucking industry